Monday, April 4, 2011

A little nudge from the spirit!

This is from Mitch this week. I thought I would add the scripture that he is referring to. Bruce R McKonkie taught; "unless there is darkness, there can be no light, unless there is vice, there can be no virtue; unless there is hate, there can be no love" 2nd NEPHI 2:11 For it must needs be, that there is an opposition in all things. If not so, my first-born in the wilderness, righteousness ;could not be brought to pass, neither good nor bad. Wherefore, all things must needs be a compound in one; wherefore, if it should be one body it must needs remain as dead having no life neither death, nor corruption nor incorruption, happiness nor misery, neither sense nor insensibility. WOW you all think that God wants me to get married really fast after my mission or what??? Holy cow, about everyone in the conference lineup talked about that. CRAZY, tell dad sorry but im gonna have to heed the words of the prophet. haha Hey so whats cooking there in the states??? hows the battle there in Idaho, WOW talk about yet another amazing conference, and my last one, HOLY CRAP I cant believe my time is almost up here in the mission. This Wednesday im gonna be going into my last change and my last 6 weeks of the mission, and from what I hear they are the fastest weeks of the mission, so we will see about that. So this week has been a really really busy one. on Thursday we had to go to Teguz to a ZL conference, which was pretty sweet, I love president Chaverri and his family, they are so polite and nice to me. Presidente Chaverri really does love the missionaries and the Lord. How incredible. So we had a baptism on Thursday too, it was awesome, We had it planned out since last week but then the guy decided he did not want to get baptised and was too nervous to go through with it. So Wednesday morning I went and talked to him about some things, I remember that while taking to him I felt a nugde from the spirit telling me to share with him 2 nephi 2 11 about opposition and stuff, so I did. It was weird cause it really didnt have anything to do with the lesson that we had planned, but I shared it anyway, the guy sat there silent for a few seconds and then just kept talking. I was LIKE NOOOOOOOOOOOOO I thought that was from the spirit and that for sure he was gonna change his mind, but he still wouldnt accept. I thought I had shared that scripture in vain. SO we left and ran an errand in chluteca or something and when we go back around 7 he was outside our house waiting for us, He came up to us and just asked us, so what time are the baptisms tomorrow cause im gonna make some covenants with God. haha so he ended up getting baptised and eveything. Its was soo cool. I know that that scripture was the scripture indicated by the Lord because I felt the spiritual witness and I know that that scripture is exactly what he needed to hear. It was pretty sweet. But other than that and conference, a pretty normal week. Love you all have a great one there in the USA Elder Beckstead

No comments:

Post a Comment