Monday, August 9, 2010

Miracle of a Priesthood Blessing

Mitch talks about Priesthood Blessings because of this little story about Mandi's youngest son Parker-he's 4

(e-mail from Mandi to Mitch)
Oh, here is a story for you. We went camping with the Moser's the past few days, and the first night Parker fell into the fire, not just a little fire, his body was completely laying in the fire, it had been burning for hours so lots of hot coals too. I saw him and it seems like it took me forever to grab him, although it wasn't even one second, and I just knew that we would be on our way to the ER, I immediatly poured the closest cold thing on him, which was Kool-aid, and I was asking him where he was burned and he was of course screaming and yelling his hand. I was asking him where else, and he said just his hand. Mitch, I know it was a miracle, someone was looking out for him, because he was just burned on his hand. It wasn't even near as bad as it could have been. It's blistered up and stuff, but wow, his clothes didn't even get burned. In my mind I can still see him laying in the fire, and I don't know how he was only burned on his hand. TOTALLY a miracle, some little angel was helping him I just know it. Tyson was in the weightroom and hadn't made it back yet, so my brother in law gave him a blessing and in the blessing he blessed that Parker would get better through the night (he was in lots of pain). Parker didn't sleep too much that night, he kept his hand on ice, and whenever it fell off, it would really hurt, but when he woke up in the morning the first thing he said was, "Hey, that guy was right, my hand doesn't even hurt anymore". His hand hasn't really bothered him much since. It was scary, but a good experience for Jaxon and Parker to see how a blessing can really help out. Well, that's all I've got for now.

Dear family, whats up
Wow that thing sounds pretty scary with Parker, freak you know its true, that does sound like a miracle and sounds pretty legit as well, im tellin you, here in the mission I have gained a really strong testimony of priesthood power and of the power of blessings. It's crazy, many people don't believe, yet they ask for a blessing anyway. So nothing really ever happens, but then they really get desperate and humble themselves completely due to their condtion, They always seem to have more faith and the blessings always seem to work. So yeah I'd say that the mission is a very humbling experience. You gotta love it.

So here in Hondo so far it has just been raining alot. I'm so tired of rain. During the day it's way, way hot and then at night it rains soooooooo much. One time it rained so hard that I was completely soaked within 1 minute, i'm talkin my entire body drippin wet.
They say here that it's never been such a wet, rainy season. its rediculous.
But yeah, the work continues as usual, we're really concentrating on familias right now here in the mission and I've realized that familias bring more trials and challenges. But in the end the reward is so much more worth it. That's an amazing thing I'll tell you what.
So all my friends are gettin home and startin off all over again with the normal life, thats so weird. I swear the other day I thought they didn't exist anymore, I haven't seen those guys in soooooo long. I wonder what it's gonna be like to see there faces for the first time in 3 years. Im not sure how im gonna feel in that moment, surprise or what. I do know that i'll be way happy.
And yes it will be an amazing moment when I walk down that airport. I'm not sure how I'm gonna treat it. I'm probably gonna pee my pants, so that might ruin the hug situation, im sure Chuck would hug me anyway. hahaha!!!
So Alonzo is a stud, this week he brought a family of four to church with him and now were teachin them and its really crazy were workin so hard and trying to get a whole bunch of people married here too, and thats stinkin hard too, i'll tell you what , bein a zl in the south is kinda stressing. hahaha but Elder Falabella said that anything worth anything in life is stress'ful. so yeah the faster I deal with the stress the better right.
Im still strugglin to believe that all my buddies are all pretty much home, thats just weird.
theres like 40 of em.
And I'm last! I guess my welcome home is gonna be the biggest by far. ha sweet.
So I dont really know what else to tell you all, everyone wants to hear a story but I really don't have any at all on the mind.
This week i'll think of one and write it down and then write you all next week with something.
Well thats all I got, love you all soo much and have an amazing day ok.
Peace out
Elder Beckstead

No comments:

Post a Comment