Monday, July 5, 2010

4th of July-Mitch appreciates USA

OK family, on to the next email.
So whats going on there in the little state of Idaho, I love that email from Elder Magoffin, (Elder Magoffin just returned from Teguz-I shared with Mitch how his mom described his reaction to being in the USA again-below) thats the first thing I wanna do when I get home as well, lay out on the grass and then the carpet, and then my beautiful bed that I have downstairs, then go for a drive in (My new truck that ur gonna buy me) :) haha or my Saturn with all my boys. haha wow ten months crazy.
So tell that dude(Tyrel) thats going to San Pedro Sula that their rules and stuff are different, but the gold bond is for sure a need. HE NEEDS IT haha and the mosquito repellent isn't so important cause they have tons here in the mission, but tell him to get extra garments and t-shirts because thats what he'll need. water bottles and stuff and tell him to get ready for baleadas(tortilla's) cause hes gonna be eatin a TON over the next 2 years, BUT THEY ARE AMAZING so dont worry about it. just give him my email address and i'll be glad to answer any of his questions. lo que sea. (whatever)

Things really are not very interesting right now, just the same.
Last week Elder Falabella (First Quorum of the Seventy) came to the mission again just for the zone leader conference to give us some more tips and to see how the mission was. It was super awesome and I gave the guy a hug so I feel a lot more powerful now. That man is awesome.
Everthing in the area is the same though, The work is getting kinda frustrating here because the people won't do anything, we'll teach them all day long but they never want to move from there house, haha but we just have to drop those and move on to the next.

OK SO HAPPY FOURTH OF JULY
we are sooo lucky to live in a place like the United States, when I get home, YES I AM GOING TO KISS THE GROUND the first time I see bare ground or grass. ahahahaha Here you can't touch the dogs or pet them unless you are absolutley positive that they are clean, cause if not you get lice or some bug or something. I cant wait to pet a dog when I get home. haha I dont care which one, just a dog. Im sure i'll be kinda nervous though.
So enjoy our time there in the states and within 10 months ill be there with you all kissin grass and pettin dogs and liftin weights.
So yeah thats the update from here in Honduras, I love you all and keep busy there in the life and avoid the dangerous things ite?
Love you all
Elder Beckstead

The folowing is from E Magoffins mom Tracie:
This is my last post on the group... our son returned last night (rightaround 11:30 pm) and we are thrilled to have him home. Two formermissionary buddies showed up at the airport... Elders Guernsey and Foster(and E. Foster's fiance), and that was fun, too. It was great to see thebond our boys develop while serving the Lord together.We stayed up until about 2:30 am (most of us) and 3:30 am (Dustin and twoof his brothers) and we were up at around 7:00 am. I'm sure we will allcrash this afternoon. The release time is 3:00 pm, so Dustin willprobably keep up enough energy to head off and see some friends as soonas he is able.It's been fun to see how grateful he is for the blessings of living inAmerica, having running (and drinkable) water (hot or cold), grass,carpet, being able to see the stars, a cool breeze... and he keepscommenting on how clean everything looks. (He even commented on howclean our concrete slab is out back... and it hasn't been swept oranything lately.) The first thing he did when we drove up to our houseis get out and sprawl out on the grass for quite some time. The firstthing he did when he went in the house was sprawl out on the carpet. :)He had a wonderful last week on his mission, traveling with the JenkinsFamily. (Thanks, Jo Raye!) His mission had it's challenges, but he learned so much and had some amazing experiences that have made a big impression on him. We are so grateful he chose to serve. Best wishes to all of you as your sons and daughters serve the Lord ontheir missions in Central America!
Tracie Magoffin
mom of Dustin
(Hon-Teg 7/08- 7/10)

No comments:

Post a Comment